Windows 7 Trouble bringing old email profiles to new system

dorley01

Built new puter and installed Windows 7 Pro.....backed up old system before system went south (had Vista on it)...had been using Mozilla Thunderbird........backed up profiles (including old mails, as far as I know) specifically.......both system back and profile backup on external drive on new system............new system recognizes external and I can access all materials...........old system died in part due to ( C: drive) in the process of corruption.........am told I would not have wanted to re:install this back up anyway......new system has T-bird up and running but with new profiles for wife and I , no archived materials...........this is the crux of the problem................ .............when I access profile manager in T bird it brings up

C:/Users/(our name)/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/(series...).default.

When I access the same through the trouble shooting selection of T bird I get the same.

However........navigating to the same using Windows I go a dead end..........this is what is looks like......

C:/Users/(our name)/...........next level goes to Contact, Desktop, Downloads, etc.....

...........no AppData and so forth............

I have checked associated folders in Programs and elsewhere but do not see where anything leads from our folder to AppData and the like.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks so much for anything. Really want to migrate/retrieve the old settings and mails.

By the way, I have tried a few of the fixes put out on Mozilla help sites to no avail as of yet.

D S C

AppData is a hidden folder. You need to use Folder Options in the Control Panel, and on the View tab, select "Show Hidden files, folders, or drives".

Back
Top Bottom