Windows 7 Trouble connecting to the internet

ccfgeek

I have a Acer Aspire M5100-u5300a and I made the decision to get rid of Windows CRAPsta. I went with Win7 x64 Pro. I know that I should've run the upgrade advisor but I was sure it could handle it. Well I installed 7 and in the device manager there are no conflicts, but I have a couple of problems: (1) after the windows splash screen and before the desktop gets loaded I get an all white screen for about 10sec. then the desktop loads and everything is fine... sometimes when that annoyinig UAC message window appears I notice some random lines on my monitor (I can live with this problem) (2) the sound card is not recognized (3) [this is my main concern] I cannot connect to the internet. My ethernet port is working and recognizes when the cable is inserted or removed; I know that my Fios router is working because I have another computer running XP that is connected to the net via ethernet so I know that it's not the router (i think). I keep getting that yellow exclamation mark that says "No internet access" I've run the troubleshoot method where it disables/enables the port and renews the IP address... nothing seems to work! Any suggestions? :confused:

Acer Aspire M5100-u5300a
AMD Athlon X2 2.2GHz-3.0GHz
500GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon X1250 Integrated Graphics
4GB DDR 2
Marvel Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

Back
Top Bottom