Windows Vista Trouble installing Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

Mittenman88

I recently purchased Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit, hoping to install it on my PC. Unfortunately, my computer is unable to read it.(Because my current OS is 32-bit) I was told the only way it could be install is by loading the boot DVD. I've booted my PC, pressed F11 and gotten into the boot device menu, once there I selected to boot from my CD/DVD Drive. It took me to a black screen with a blinking dash in the upper left corner. Then proceeded to boot Windows XP 32-bit. Microsoft support says my system can be upgrading from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. So I have no clue what i'm doing wrong. I'm in desperate need of help!

You are doing nothing wrong that I can see. Doesn't the screen pop up quickly, before the flashing cursor, and say something like "Press any key to boot from the DVD"?
Only other explanation, if you are not getting that request, is that you may have a bad DVD or DVD drive. Try giving the dvd a gentle wipe with a very soft cloth. Otherwise, return it for a replacement.

I recently purchased Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit, hoping to install it on my PC. Unfortunately, my computer is unable to read it.(Because my current OS is 32-bit) I was told the only way it could be install is by loading the boot DVD. I've booted my PC, pressed F11 and gotten into the boot device menu, once there I selected to boot from my CD/DVD Drive. It took me to a black screen with a blinking dash in the upper left corner. Then proceeded to boot Windows XP 32-bit. Microsoft support says my system can be upgrading from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. So I have no clue what i'm doing wrong. I'm in desperate need of help!

You have not mentioned the specs. of your machine.
Does your machine support both 32bit & 64bit architecture????...

Back
Top Bottom