Windows 7 Trouble upgrading Vista to Windows 7 - Deauthorise computer from Itunes

megsies71

Hi...

I'm trying to ugrade from Vista to Widows 7 but keep getting the follwing message:

alert.gif
The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• [*]Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing.
warning.gif
Upgrading Windows will affect the following features:

• [*]Windows Mail is no longer included in Windows; however your e-mail files and settings will still be available after the upgrade. To send and receive e-mail you will need to install a new e-mail program. You can get e-mail programs from other software manufacturers or from the Microsoft website.

[*]Windows 7 Parental Controls no longer includes the Web Filtering and Activity Reporting features. You can get similar Family Safety programs from other software manufacturers or from the Microsoft web site.
warning.gif
Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:
  • These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program". (Note: Programs marked as * can be safely reinstalled after the upgrade.)

• [*]iTunes (Please deauthorize computer prior to upgrade)

I have already deauthorised it but it continues to come up - any help would be appreciated please?

I might try uninstalling iTunes to see if that would work. Do you show any Apple utilities still starting in msconfig.exe on the startup tab?

There is also a service called Bonjour or something like that you might be able to uninstall using the Programs and Features area of the Control Panel.

If you are going to try to upgrade over Vista, try to unplug or turn off any devices you can to cut down on drivers being reinstalled during the upgrade. The simplier the system, the less chance of running into problems. Many folks do not recommend upgrading over a prior OS if possible.

Upgrade installs are invariably a problem in both the immediate and long terms. If you possibly can, backup any user data you need to preserve from the drive and run a clean install on a reformatted drive.

Back