Windows 7 TrustedInstaller

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello Win 7
I allowed this Office photo program to scan the C:\ for photos hoping to immport one I want but it installed alot of others instead.
How do I get around the message that I need permission from TrustedInstaller to delete all these phorts?
Thank you
Peter

Not totally sure about your situation, but if you have a photo or photos that were imported into your system, can you use the program that imported them to remove them?

If you need to, you can change the owner of the file to yourself, back out of the Security settings, then go back and give yourself complete access. If there are many files, you may be able to change ownership of the folder and let the file inherit the permissions.

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

This one is a little more complicated but may be useful for a multiple file situation.

Icacls

Hello and thank you for the referral.
This was a strange one; when I right clicked 'anything,' nothing responded.
After Googling I found many people bemoaning this new Win 7 feature.
I was told one solution was to use Ccleaner under applications and cleanout MS Office Picture Handler.
I had already, out of deperation, performed a system restore and it took care of it.
Your referral was suggested by a few others and I cannot understand why it would not work here. I removed UAC and it made no diffrence and tried right clicking to run as admin.
Is there any other way to run as admin other than right clicking?

Tell us the exact steps you took and what utilities were involved. I will try to replicate.

Also, any info on the source of the files involved might be of help. Which version of Office?

moderator help

Tell us the exact steps you took and what utilities were involved. I will try to replicate.

Also, any info on the source of the files involved might be of help. Which version of Office?

>>I have a problem. I wrote a long explanation for the gentleman above and when I tried to send it, I was told I needed to create a new acount.
I could only go back to your email notification in order to log in. I did not violate any rules but maybe I took too long.
I am writing as I my not be able to get back in.
I am Peterr and will give you my password if you wish.
Thaank you
If I can return, I will rewrite the post in this thread.

Re: moderator help ?Solved

Well I was able to log in so I will type faster and be more brief;I should have copied my long reply so it would not have been lost.
Anyway back to the topic;
Win 7 MS Office Home and Student 2010.
Start>MS Office>MS tools>MS picture handler and the program opens.
Upper right you can click on the C:\ to scan for photos and it imported a ton except mine. I rt clicked to run as admin to no avail.I was left with all these photos and luckily system restore removed the problem.

Just in case there is a difference between my system and yours, I will try to use the exact name for some things. Like My system shows "Microsoft Office Picture Manager".

I clicked on the "Locate Pictures" under the Browse heading on the upper right and selected my pictures folder on my E: drive. It searched and came back with a bunch of Picture shortcuts. Some were from places other than the designated search location, and even appear to include images from .pdf documents.

On the left, if you right click certain of the shortcut folders, you can remove the shortcuts. Does that help anything?

I do not see a place to "import" pictures. Were actual photos copied to your system, and what folder were they put in?

If the system is not allowing you to delete something, it might be because the Picture Manager has a handle on them and you would need to remove the shortcuts in that utility before they could be deleted.

I aplogize for the terms but I had already composed a lengthy one that I lost. :(
Yes, mine also says "Microsoft Office Picture Manager".

You may have found my problem as I just noticed a lot of files appearing in the program when the scan was done.
I notice you used the term shortcuts and I never noticed or discerned that they were that as opposed to a photo. I just thought they were pictures the scan found and installed in the program.

That may be why I could not remove them. If being a shortcut make sa difference then maybe that is the reason I could not remove them.
However, To the best of my knowledge, I do remember clicking and right clicking on both the photos and folders. The photos were in the middle of the page when you opend a folder on the right. In both cases, when I right clicked folders and photos, nothing appeared or changed except on the photos a list ould appear with the word 'delete' in it. I chose delete but that is when the permission issue arose asking for that TrustedInstaller be given permission or some words to that effect.

You, are telling me you were able to remove the photos and folders and I think you suggest you did it by right clicking.
I am stumped but will not go back there. I have used that before butthat never happened.

Does my reply make any sense to you and tell you why I could not rid the page of the files and folders?.Btw, my browsing ws in the upper right not left if it makes a difference .There were no imports, per se but files were brought in. Ultimately, I did right click on files and folders and alstho delete was in the list with both at times, clicking on them only asked for permission with the TrustedInstaller.

Last edited:

Hello Saltgrass
Because you were kind enought to stick with me I thought it only fitting that I give you good news.
I had a photo sent to me in a zipped folder. I extracted all and copied the photo itself. I opend the MS program we are discussing and was able to simply paste it in the prgram to be edited and printed which I originally sought to do. i think my error was just opening and not extracting before copying.
Thank you for your help but I can now place the photo of my grand daughter on the family wall.
Peter

>>Thank you for this information.
I really do not know what was wrong or if my case fits this fix ; the remedy you referred me to certainly indicates it was with the terms etc being the same. I think I did something wrong.
** Importantly I noticed the caveat under the title of the referral where deleteing these files will result in permanent damage. I have to consider this, especially as an avrage user.
Thank you for the referral which I wiill keep in my folder.
Peter

Back