Twitter Dealt a Crippling Blow

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by reghakr, Oct 10, 2009.

1. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

I have no idea how the company can move forward after this happened. The death of Twitter is almost certain now. To deal with this devastating news, I recommend you tell the boss you are taking the afternoon off to consider your options. May your God be with you in these troubling times.

In what's certain to become the most devastating news ....was considered prolific and "interesting" among the Twitter crowd, and heartbroken fans -- in between bouts of hysterical sobbing and hair-tugging desperation.

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Millennium Celebration Award Winner
    Premium Supporter

Oh God!!!!! What will I do now? My life is at an end. I'll never turn on my computer again. Oh wait. I don't have a Twitter account. Never Mind. :rolleyes:

#2 stueycaster, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Me either, who the Hell cares...............

Except those billions of Twitter users.

4. stueycaster

stueycaster Millennium Celebration Award Winner
    Premium Supporter

I'm sure there will be a lot of upset people.

5. Master Chief

Master Chief New Member

Hmm...so there's people on one side of the planet crying because they don't have food/water/a home/their family has been killed/they have no money. Then there's people on the other side crying because they can't follow the minute-by-minute activities of a sixteen year old girl online. Poor tweetards :(

6. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Read some of the articles on Twitter in the Security Zone and Water Cooler sections.

scamware, malware, compromised accounts, etc. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

7. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Yea,

I'm sitting on the couch eating a pizza.

What the Hell is that? Who gives a rat;s ass.

8. whoosh

whoosh Cooler King
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

I must admit I did join Twitter . Then same day I regained my sanity . Do get the odd e-mail asking to follow me . I put them in the junk mail section .

9. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Um.... yeah.. Twitter sucks.. ;)

10. kvic

kvic New Member

11. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

Ho Hum.....couldn't care less since never use such drivel inspiring sites......btw does someone whom uses Twitter a lot get referred to as a "TWIT"?

12. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

What is TWIT?

Noun1.twit - someone who is regarded as contemptible twerp, twirp
    simpleton, simple - a person lacking intelligence or common sense

twit noun (Informal, chiefly Brit.) fool, idiot, jerk (slang, chiefly U.S. & Canad.), charlie (Brit. informal), dope (informal), clown, ass, plank (Brit. slang), berk (Brit. slang), prick (derogatory slang), wally (slang), prat (slang), plonker (slang), geek (slang), chump (informal), oaf, simpleton, airhead (slang), dipstick (Brit. slang), dickhead (slang), gonzo (slang), schmuck (U.S. slang), dork (slang), nitwit (informal), blockhead, ninny, divvy (Brit. slang), pillock (Brit. slang), halfwit, silly-billy (informal), nincompoop, dweeb (U.S. slang), putz (U.S. slang), weenie (U.S. informal), eejit (Scot. & Irish), thicko (Brit. slang), dumb-ass (slang), gobshite (Irish taboo slang), numpty (Scot. informal), doofus (slang, chiefly U.S.), fuckwit (taboo slang), juggins (Brit. informal), dickwit (slang), nerd or nurd (slang), numbskull or numskull, twerp or twirp (informal) a pompous twit who loved the sound of his own voice

I guss that tells it all.:)

13. SIW2

SIW2 New Member

Since we have no idea who it is - it must be a celebrity.

14. tblount

tblount New Member

Does this mean that Twitter is only worth a half BILLION? Before Miley left twitter was valued at more than General Motors. I read a report the other day that said by the time Miley was 22 SHE would be worth a Billion dollars. Billy Ray done good !

I think twitter does serve a valuable service... just the other day the authorities caught a fugitive because he twittered his location.

What is twitter anyway? I thought it was just text messaging made public. I guess I'm twittering a little now and didn't know it. Gezz.. had someone told me I was twittering I would have thought I needed to see a doctor.