Windows 8 Two Monitors

Tiger862

For all those that want to run to monitors with one being apps and one being desktop it is possible in Windows 8. I have a Nvidia GT430 and am doing this as I type. It is so easy on 8. Go to apps hit desktop button then go to charms and hit devices then 2 monitor and hit extend. I then open up IE and move it to second monitor. Now I hit start screen all the way to left on 1st monitor and apps are there. I hit IE and go to espn and watch live games and on second one I go to fox sports and download live videos. I have racing on one and basketball on other. I was able to watch basketball on one last night and baseball on the other and both were live feeds. Only problem is sound is coming from both feeds but I just mute one. I have a pcie sound card that I could try to install and separate sound (one with sound card and one with onboard) but have not tried it yet. Oh both are HD feeds.

Nice post.. I haven't got the space for two monitors but would do the same if i could..

Only problem is sound is coming from both feeds but I just mute one. I have a pcie sound card that I could try to install and separate sound (one with sound card and one with onboard) but have not tried it yet.

You will need a second set of speakers to separate the sound, 1 set for each monitor.

Regards
Don

In addition to being able to run one monitor in desktop and the other metro, Windows 8.1 blue will add the functionality to run a metro app on both at the same time.

I am running 3...

IMAG1765.jpg

I actually just turned down a job that offered all the programmers quad screens. It was less money, but 4 screens almost persuaded me :)

Back
Top Bottom