Windows 8 uh oo, i screwed up w8

msj113

first off i want to thank you people for being here. this new in the box hp2000notebook was picked up at an estate auction. win 8 is new to me. my old hp 6000?? on win7 lost its screen, so i broke out the new hp2000notebook. fired it up an it wanted to up grade to 8.1, ok go ahead...

now it has
1. diagnostics policy service is not running
2. volume shadow copy event log 0x81000202
3. application event log 0x80042302

now i am proud to say i can turn it on but thats where my knowledge of pc's ends. i am writing this on a borrowed toughbook. can someone help me get the hp2000 win8 thing working again?

Hi Msj113,
apologies for not replying sooner and welcome to the forum.

Ideally it's best if you can supply the full model number as there are quite a few models starting with HP 2000 like the one below for example.
HP 2000-100 Notebook PC series | HP® Customer Support

So now your running windows 8.1 yes? If so you may need to install the relevant drivers which will be found on the system support page so please do find the model number.

The issues you posted may only need an uninstall and then re-install to get them working again re applications

System restore may have been turned off? Try going through this guide and see if it helps:
How to Enable System Restore (and Repair System Problems) on Windows 10

Try running these scans. Look for command prompt in the start screen, right click on it and run as administrator:
Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

Dism (this scan should work in win 8.1)
In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom