Windows 7 Ultimate Extras

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Assuming I understand this correctly that Microsoft is not continuing Ultimate Extras in Windows 7, my curious question is why? Unless it's some form of a cost cutting move? So do we now know what will make Windows 7 Ultimate stand out above and beyond the other versions of Windows 7?

Actually I was also wondering if there are some stats as to how many of each version of Vista Microsoft sells? And are they actually selling a lot of Vista Ultimate and will that contiue with Windows 7 Ultimate? I just recently purchased Vista Ultimate Red which is the upgrade version of Ultimate. I do like the idea of being able to use Unix programs, fax a letter or two from my computer, DreanScenes, and all the other goodies Ultimate has. It would seem to me the Extras part should continue on with Windows 7. Though maybe Microsoft has some better idea for the future.

To be honest, I found ultimate very disappointing. For the extra money it cost, you would have expected exciting and innovative additions but sadly this was not the case. As far as Windows 7 is concerned, I think it will be the same promises but no delivery. I will be holding on to vista for sometime yet to at least get some value for my spend.

Thats true...all those that bought vista ultimate that go over to 7 won't have had much mileage out of the vista box.. Really, IMO MS ought to sweeten the deal somewhat...

Back