Ummm, where...?

Drew

Banned
Umm, where is the Edit button? Need to edit my own OP. Can't see an Edit button (???)

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

There is a timeout for post editing. After a certain amount of time, only mods and admins can edit posts. This is to prevent SEO problems and also to prevent users from changing an OP constantly, so as to render the rest of the information in a thread potentially irrelevant.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So, in view of that then, how do I update my Keyboard Shortcuts & Nav Tips sheet for people (w/ no Edit button)?? Can't even delete it & put in a new, revised one. In other forums where it is there is no such snag. Although, that might be because I am a Moderator there. But, not in all, except in those where I'm not, the OP can edit their own Threads.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Mitchell, also, the fact that my entries are suddenly, recently, getting screened seems weird, shocking & lessening enthusiasm to be helping people via the forum. Very odd for a long-standing Senior Member to suddenly experience censoring.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Don't fret too much over the matter, Drew. You are not being singled out. It has been the procedure on this site, and many others with the same format, for a long time. Not really a good test, but, you will find if you look back at your earlier posts you will find you cannot edit them. It makes sense. If readers have absorbed the contents of one of your older posts, and you then return and edit out mistakes, it rather negates the original help and contents of that particular post??

Back
Top Bottom