Un-Format

Hello.

I have a Vista Ultimate operating system. I have two partitions: C and D. In C I have my windows and in D i had my documents. Last times the computer booted from the hard disk I had to repair my Vista to let me enter in the windows.

Because of that I formatted my C partition, by deleting it and creating it again. And when I logged in my fresh Windows surprize. All the info in the old C partition was now in my D, and the old D is missing. Those were my documents!

Is it possible for me to recover the data in the old D drive? I really need those. :(
Can you recommend me a software program that can recover that data? I don't mind the price of the licence, as far as it works with great results.

Thank you in advance.

Celestra

Former Moderator
Hi! They have this listed under best: Power Data Recovery is an easy-to-use data recovery software for Windows. A license runs $69.00. Lots of tech support from the looks of the website. You'd have to download this into another computer (warning) Maybe somebody else in the forum would care to recommend another type software.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.