Windows 7 Unable to Access Internet after Windows 7 installation

saurabh

Please help!!! I am unable to access Internet through LAN after installing Widows 7 64 bit Ultimate Edition on my PC.

Earlier, I had Windows XP SP3 32 bit installed on the PC and the Internet worked fine. I did Low Level Formatting of the hard disk from using Seagate SeaTools for DOS (order of activities: short test, long test, zero fill, repair bad sectors, short test), then installed Windows 7 64 Bit ultimate edition. After installation, I opened the Device Manager and checked the Ethernet Adapter of LAN card mounted on the motherboard, it says its working properly. In Network Connections, I clicked the TCP/IP version 4 properties to the ISP provide details: subnet, gateway, DNS etc. I disabled and reenabled the ethernet adapter from the Newtork Connection and reset the modem (switched off, removed all cables, waited for a few minutes, then restarted the modem)

I am able to access Internet from the same modem on my Laptop both through LAN cable and through Wifi.

My PC configuration is AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600 processor, ASUS M2V-TVM motherboard, Realtek 8139 LAN Card (mounted in LAN slot), ADSL 2 Modem supplied by Internet Service Provider.

PLEASE HELP! I can't see my beloved desktop distanced from the amazing cyberworld........

Back