Windows 7 unable to complete required instalation folder

buildingblock

I have a Win7 ultimate 64bit I recieved from a friend. I assumed it was one of his Microsoft apps he gets in his MSDN subscription for free. Anyway, every now and then I would get these pop-ups from Microsoft saying its not genuine. He would give me a script to run that would fix it, until it would happen again.

Bottom line I foud out later this was pirated software so I purchased a normal copy (win7 pro 64 bit) to do a reinstal of the software, BUTTTTT now I can't do it because I keep getting these errors saying "Windows was unable to create the required instalation folder 0x80070005". I know the last update for the pirated copy was something to remove "RemoveWAT.exe". I tried to do a restore in Win7 to a previous state but it errored "0x80070001"

Any advice on what to do. I don't want to have to reformat the whole drive, because this was a dual boot on a new MAC so I could boot in iether MAC or Win7.

arrrrrrgggggg -- I need help[-O<
~Tim

I have a Win7 ultimate 64bit I recieved from a friend. I assumed it was one of his Microsoft apps he gets in his MSDN subscription for free. Anyway, every now and then I would get these pop-ups from Microsoft saying its not genuine. He would give me a script to run that would fix it, until it would happen again.

Bottom line I foud out later this was pirated software so I purchased a normal copy (win7 pro 64 bit) to do a reinstal of the software, BUTTTTT now I can't do it because I keep getting these errors saying "Windows was unable to create the required instalation folder 0x80070005". I know the last update for the pirated copy was something to remove "RemoveWAT.exe". I tried to do a restore in Win7 to a previous state but it errored "0x80070001"

Any advice on what to do. I don't want to have to reformat the whole drive, because this was a dual boot on a new MAC so I could boot in iether MAC or Win7.

arrrrrrgggggg -- I need help[-O<
~Tim

Thats what happens with a pirate. You can simply delete the win 7 partition and re-install the OS (you will have to re-install the apps, and save your data.

I was affraid that was the answer. I posted info on several forums and that seems to be the concensis. I guess it could have been worse and I could have lost everything,
thank you! ~tim

Back