Unable to open F: drive, "Application Not Found" error

JROC

Recently, I've been unable to access my F: drive. When I double click on the drive I get
en error that says "Application Not Found". I can, however right
click on the drive and open it that way, it's just extremely annoying. It doesn't
matter what device is set as the F: drive, be it a UBS drive, a virtual drive,
or a CD/DVD drive, it gives me the same error. At first I thought maybe there
was something wrong with my USB drive, but if I use the same USB drive as E:,
G:, H: etc. it works perfectly fine. The problem seems to lie specifically with
F: drive itself. I've run all my virus scans (Norton and Malwarebytes) as well
as PC Tools Registry Mechanic and found nothing. I even restored my system to
about a week ago with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

JROC

I did come across something interesting though. I previously installed Flight Simulator X using either MagicISO or PowerISO as a virtual drive. At that time, I believe that I installed it using the F: drive as the virtual drive. Im going to attach a couple pics, one is of a USB drive as any random drive, and the other is a UBS drive as the F: drive. When I right click, my options are different. With the F: drive, the default action is "install or run a program from your media", as well as install direct X and install flight simulator. Could the fact that I installed flight simulator on the F: drive be messing it up? keep in mind all of my virtual drives are unmounted. How do I change the default action on the F: drive back to "open" like the other drives?

Attachments

zvit

Honorable Member
Go into the prog you mounted the drive with and don't only unmount the drive but in the pop-out that asks you how many drives you want choose "Disable" virtual drives. See if that helps. (Even though you unmount a drive, that just means that the drive doesn't have virtual data on it but the virtual drive is still active on your computer like a DVD drive with no disks in it).

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.