unable to setup wireless ad hoc (computer-to-compuer) connection

hi i am using hp dv5 windows 7 ultimate 32 bit .. i am using 3g internet modem to surf the web. and in my office system with vista i am using the same modem. problem is in office i can easily share internet of the system to enable other systems to access net wirelessly but in house on my win 7 i am unable to do so. wheni try to setup wireless ad hoc (computer-to-compuer) connection after naming the network and feeding password it just simply says WINDOWS COULD NOT SETUP .
I DONT KNW may be wind 7 is having some other procedure to share the wireless network.
please do me help what should i do ..

zigzag3143

Honorable Member
Microsoft MVP
Are you by chance running homegroup and IPv6 on the win 7 machine, and not on the vista box?

Ken J

thanks for your reply.

no i am not running homegroup. i have not yet created homegroup and please see the attached image of IPv6. i am not computer geeks so having very little knowledge in all this. main problem is my room mate bought another lappy and i want to share my net so that he can use wireless.

ad hoc error.jpg ad hoc error 2.jpg

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.