Windows 8 Unable to upgrade to Win 8.1

jameslecomte

I have been trying to upgrade all of my computers to Win 8.1. 2 updated fine, but the last machine will not upgrade. Every time I try to upgrade my last computer through the Store I get the following error: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection might have timed out. Please wait a few minutes and Try Again." I have waited, and rebooted, with no success. I tried to log on using my Windows Live ID and get a similar message. Any Suggestions??

Just be patient, a lot of users grabbing the upgrade and it's probably the server being over loaded....I had it happen to me just the other day, all I wanted was to get into the store and check for app updates...a few hours later I got access.

Yes, I heard this from our Windows8 workshop leader today, that in effect Microsoft had to "Close" the App Store upgrade section for the last day and a half due to the crush of users trying to access it. The Upgrade in the App Store appeared to open back up around 1:30PM PST (California time); but it may continue to go up and down probably the most down during "prime-time" hours; 7Am-9AM; 5-9PM or something like that when the demand is the highest.

If you still have problems with that machine in a couple of more days, please Google SPECCY, download and Post your results back here so we have a better picture and specs for that machine that failed the 8.1 update and we will look over and try to advise you further.

Cheers!
BIGBEARJEDI

Back