Windows Vista Unable to watch recorded TV that's being streamed over the internet

socross

I haven't had luck with streaming recorded tv over the internet :(

I've searched these forums (and others) with no luck.

Both machines are running the RC (build 7100) and both have been secured using my windows live id. I even installed a codec pack on the laptop and I was able to play one show but no others...

It's actually two odd problems: The first is that meda player on the home machine does not display all the recorded tv I have. Sometimes it only shows a couple of files, other times it shows more. I have around 40 shows recorded, but it's not showing them all.

On my laptop I see the same limited list of shows that my home machine displays, but if I try to play any of them, I get no video and garbled, sporadic audio. Each file has a little "!" next to it, indicating it is an unrecognized file type.

This happens on both my work laptop and personal laptop. Streaming my recorded TV over the internet is one of the main reasons I've set my home up like I have - have you successfully streamed recorded tv over the internet?

I should note that I am able to stream my videos (mp4's) and music just fine. It's just recorded tv that is giving me the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom