Unattended Bulk File Copiers (Manipulators)...

Spirit Wolfe

Honorable Member
I am trying to decide from a good, better, best point-of-view which file copier will be the fastest for copying (almost) 4TB worth of data onto a new Seagate 8TB hard drive from my Seagate 4TB drive. I am needing to reorganize it and I might have to do it again (but I might say screw it and just burn the whole lot to a BD and call it a day, too) ...

I have a bulk file copier called NinjaCopier by Nic Wilson, that is one of the original attempts to conquer such an endeavor of this magnitude. This program was written in C++ and it was never really finished and polished like it should have been because this was just a father and son team that created NinjaCopier and it fell by the wayside because life goes on...

I was looking at Tera Copier which is considered a "freemium" software and it looks like it might work just fine, however, it also does not look like it was ever updated for a year or two. I would like to get a free bulk file copier that is unattended and fast ... NinjaCopier took me a better part of two days to copy that much data. I do not want to rewrite over it until I am absolutely sure that I have all of it, and I am not too comfortable in obtaining cloud storage to use. Some of these programs I cannot obtain any more and are outdated, yes, but not obsolete for me, anyway...

All suggestions and help will be much appreciated and entertained. Thanks...