Windows 10 undelete files

sinan

Hi.

In earlier windows versions, If I remember correct, I could restore deleted files easy, In recent editions I could not find it anymore, I have bought recuva, It works just fine but it took hours to scan, most time I need to recover single file only and do not need to wait hour(s) to get result even if I narrow search for single folder.

Please let me know if recover (restore) deleted files is still working in win 10.

Thanks and regards.

You can setup File History, but that requires another drive or network share to backup files to. I wouldn't have purchased recuva as there are better freely available tools such as testdisk and GetDataBack to name a few. Also yes it takes a long time to locate the files because when you delete a file you are simply deleting the MFT entry that points to the data so it has to scan the entire disk because there is no longer a reference to the file. It's scanning for file meta data which can be anywhere on the disk partition.

Thank you very much for detailed helping information.

You can setup File History, but that requires another drive or network share to backup files to. I wouldn't have purchased recuva as there are better freely available tools such as testdisk and GetDataBack to name a few. Also yes it takes a long time to locate the files because when you delete a file you are simply deleting the MFT entry that points to the data so it has to scan the entire disk because there is no longer a reference to the file. It's scanning for file meta data which can be anywhere on the disk partition.

Back