Windows 7 Unexpectd power loss

dsmithnc

I have W7 running on a desktop pc, connected to my network via a usb wireless adapter. The USB port(s) unexpectedly shut down after the pc sits idle for varying periods of time. Since mydigital tablet is connected via a usb adapter, I cannot get the PC started again without a reboot.

I think I've checked every power setting I can find and have set them to never shut down, but they do anyway.

Any hints or tips out there?

Dick

I have W7 running on a desktop pc, connected to my network via a usb wireless adapter. The USB port(s) unexpectedly shut down after the pc sits idle for varying periods of time. Since mydigital tablet is connected via a usb adapter, I cannot get the PC started again without a reboot.

I think I've checked every power setting I can find and have set them to never shut down, but they do anyway.

Any hints or tips out there?

Dick

which power settings have you found so far ?

the only ones I'm aware of are in deice manager under the properties of each usb hub listed at the bottom :cool:

Power

Well, I did set all of the USB adapters to never power down, but it still happened. I think I finally found the answer, however.

Evidently when I thought I set "sleep" to "never" for the pc, the setting didn't take. I'll know better if it hangs in there overnight but for now it hasn't shut down..

The only reason it's a problem is shared drives that I don't want to disappear.

Thanks for the response

Dick

Back
Top Bottom