Windows 7 Unexpected BSOD

Napster

Hi everyone, I am receiving a blue screen of death for almost a year. It states physical memory dump and at the bottom of the bsod it states something about rtl8192ce.sys. My laptop cant connect to internet sometimes because of this. Often when I hibernate my computer or put the computer for sleep I get this bsod.

Occasionally the computer reboots in safe mode and I receive this exact message:-
C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\
desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network and then try again. If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location.

I assume it is something related to the wifi reader because my laptop randomly disconnects to the internet a lot.

Shall I post the minidump of my bsod.
Any help would be appreciated.

"rtl8192ce.sys" is Realtek networking device. If it is on border (built into the mother board) you may be able to disable it in the BOIS. Add an add in card. But the on board NIC communicates on the PCI bus. Which an add in card will go in a PCI slot. So you can see it may be a dead end. It most likely just get worse until well lets not go there. Time to back up files. Then start taking it apart. Or adding cards.

If the NIc is already an add in card take it out. If the PC runs without BSOD. A new card may work. If its not the PCI bus. Any way its good to get your files just in case.

Back
Top Bottom