Windows 7 unexpected error during download restart

simplysa

I bought the Windows 7 professional 32 bit, done step by step guide to change from XP. Installation went well in the custom installation-message appeared for the computer to restart to complete installation. Windows 7 screen appears and the thoughts are that it had installed. "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encounter an unexpected error windows installation can on proceed to install windows click "ok" to restart the computer and then restart the installation." I called the company support (Pugh) and was advised that the fault is possibly due to the dvd disk running of an external usb hard drive I had to go to Bios settings to rearrange the boot order. I have no access to Safe mode for my keyboard/mouse mouse would not select any options in menus.Just upgraded my memory-Ebox hard drive. Cable into the VGA in. Please can a hero safe a woman from complete insanity. Even if I can just somehow get access to XP again. Have a restore CD but it is for my Dell laptop. HELP PLEASE...

I bought the Windows 7 professional 32 bit, done step by step guide to change from XP. Installation went well in the custom installation-message appeared for the computer to restart to complete installation. Windows 7 screen appears and the thoughts are that it had installed. "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encounter an unexpected error windows installation can on proceed to install windows click "ok" to restart the computer and then restart the installation." I called the company support (Pugh) and was advised that the fault is possibly due to the dvd disk running of an external usb hard drive I had to go to Bios settings to rearrange the boot order. I have no access to Safe mode for my keyboard/mouse mouse would not select any options in menus.Just upgraded my memory-Ebox hard drive. Cable into the VGA in. Please can a hero safe a woman from complete insanity. Even if I can just somehow get access to XP again. Have a restore CD but it is for my Dell laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you running an external hard drive, and why?

If you are on Windows XP and planning to UPGRADE...

YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALL. There is no upgrade path. There are user migration tools you can use, but you will need to backup your files and do a clean install.

I have seen several threads about this and just want to clarify. The upgrade from Windows Vista is a valid upgrade path, but Windows XP to Windows 7 is not

That's why you're experiencing problems.

Remove all USB devices aas well

Are you dual-booting?

Back
Top Bottom