Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (BSOD)

OSJunkie

Honorable Member
Got this twice within 5 - 10 minutes of each other. The first time it happened my pc kind of froze but I could still move my mouse pointer. The second time I was running defrag. I figured seeing as though it says "STORE" it has something to do with the store app. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Hi,
to determine what caused the above bsod whether it be system service error, driver error or hardware we need to read the dump file created when the machine blue screened. This thread has an app you can collect data with as well as hints on how to best post the ing:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Just had another BSOD not sure if the attached file is the right one.

Attachments

• Mini-dump-file.zip
    75.5 KB · Views: 406
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe00147ce2000, ffffd00020c6d140, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
unfortunately I cannot find any information about Bugcheck 154. Seems it's so new there's no info' about it yet. There are still things we can look at in order to stop the bsod so not all is lost :).
I looked over your system and noticed your still running on the Bios that it was originally released with. The latest Bios has updates designed for Windows 8 shutdown and I would suggest updating the motherboard to this version.
BiosVersion = P1.00
BiosReleaseDate = 01/05/2010
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASRock
BaseBoardProduct = G41M-VS3

Current version stands at 1.80 and can be found here:
ASRock > G41M-VS3
Please ensure I have the correct page for your system.

You also need to update this driver:
netr6164.sys Wed Apr 07 13:07:21 2010: Ralink RT2561 RT2661 series Wireless LAN Card. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any later drivers. Is this something you've added as I see no mention of Ralink drivers on the motherboard website. I did find a version which might be slightly later or the same but have a look and check. If it's a later version (it's still a 2010 version but might be a little older) then try it.
You'll need to input email address to get the download:
PCI/ mPCI/ CB(RT256x/ RT266x)

The motherboard does have a on-board network solution could you try using that?

igdkmd64.sys Fri Mar 23 18:13:22 2012: Intel Graphics driver please update
Intel® Download Center

I also see you have Avast installed which is known from time to time to cause the odd issue. If the bsod's continue try uninstalling and using the default Defender.

If the bsod continues then we could try the Driver verifier but see how you go with the above and we'll go from there.
Post any new dump files.

The wireless LAN card was added when the PC was built. I don't use it so it's not really important. I updated the BIOS and uninstalled avast. No blue screens at all.

Back