Windows 7 Unexpexted BSOD results in Crash Dump

AuXBoX

Hi everyone,

I have been getting a BSOD after i have built my new computer. I have just enable a minidump and it happened this morning. I am uploading it by any chance someone could help with debugging it.

I'm not too sure why it happens.
hope someone could help :smile:

View attachment 082111-26332-01.dmp

The stop error is 0x124 which is a hardware error, can you get cpu-z and post pics of each tab and each populated memory slot. Can you also monitor your temps and post min and max values. I shall then see what can be done.

Here are the tabs from cpu-z nmsuk

Cachestab.PNGCPUtab.PNGGraphicstab.PNGMainboardtab.PNGMemorytab.PNGSPDtab.PNG

Heres the temps
temp.png

The only card i have plugged in is the tp-link wn951n, which i'm thinking could be the problem.

Last edited:
Just happened again here is the minidump.

View attachment 15958

and heres the debuglog.txt

View attachment 15959

I used a different temp program the other one said all cores went to 99C under heavy load when this one siad this
View attachment 15961

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Have you ever gotten any type of overheat warning? Have you checked the temp settings in the bios against what you seem to be showing?

Have you ever gotten any type of overheat warning? Have you checked the temp settings in the bios against what you seem to be showing?

No I havent had any overheating warnings. The temps seem all fine on bios aswell.

This is very annoying.

It's been two weeks, Are you still BSODing? If so update your latest dmp files. The more info, the better/quicker!

Replaced the wifi card and it still does it.
No BSOD though, just resets and reboots with the bios trying to boot a different hard drive.
Could this be a hard drive problem?
My operating system is on a brand new SSD.

More often than not the computer just reboots without BSOD and sometimes the bios changes the hard drive it boots from and i have to change it.
This would seem to indicate there was a hard drive problem. I know if you remove the primary hard drive, a secondary one will move into the primary position in the bios. Possibly also if the system can only partially read the primary drive, it might try to go to a secondary.

I suppose there is a possibly it could be the controller instead of the actual drive, but considering it is an SSD, I think I would try running the system with a standard drive for a while to test. Maybe there is some type of conflict with the SATA drivers and the SSD.

Edit: I was wondering if turning off S.M.A.R.T. monitoring for the drive might help?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom