Windows 7 unidentified network - limited access

pixie

This problem is driving me crazy, and i cant seem to find any help on any other post.
I have a samsung intel atom, with a realtek RTL819 2e wireless lan. (windows 7)
I have been trying for 3 days to connect to my home internet connection.
I have BThome hub, and it connects to my PC through wired connection fine, and other Laptop in the house (windows xp) connects fine. I can connect as such to the internet on wireless, but it says unidentified network - limited access. I have check over and over again at my settings and these are correct.
Ive done an ipconfig which says:

connection-specific DNS suffix:
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::15d0:74f4:1fe8:fbc%16
Autoconfiguration IPv4 address: 169.254.251.206
subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
default gateway:

I'm not very computer litatate. so any help with instruction would help.

Please help me before, i throw it at a wall!!

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

Have you tried manually entering the settings for the connection? (IP, gateway, dns, etc)
An easier solution may be to open the Network and Sharing Center, and in the left hand pane, select and delete your wireless network.

thank you.. sorry seems like it was a really easy solution!
I deleted and started over. It said DHCP is not enabled for wireless network connection. but windows sorted this out it self. when i diagnosed.

Thanks for your help, i can now relax and enjoy my new lap top!

:p

Pixie:
As Mitchell_A said, welcome and
Congratulations on successfully solving your problem. Thanks for joining, posting your issue and following up with the solution that worked for you. I hope you decide to hang around, share your expierence and help other members with similar issues.
Thanks again
Randy

^^ I agree with trouble, we encourage you to stick around.

Glad you've solved the problem. To my amazement, diagnostics in Windows 7 are ACTUALLY useful, to some extent ;)

Back