Windows 7 Uninstall W7

Flores

Guys, I would like to uninstall W7.

I installed my W7 on Drive E in XP machine (drive C).

For your info,
Everytime I boot my computer, there are two choices of OS:, XP and W7.
Unfortunately, in BOOT.INI in XP, there is no such a choice of W7 startup that I can delete.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Download and install EasyBCD 1.7.2 (that's the one I have) in Windows 7. Open EasyBCD and go to "change settings"
Make XP your default OS. Click save
Delete Windows 7 from boot loader. Click save.
Re-boot. Will now only see one entry for XP.
Now you can delete Win 7 from hard drive.

zavier

Another way would be to go into Disk Management while in Windows XP and format/delete the partition that Windows 7 is on.. once that's done than reboot, it should just automatically boot into XP now since it's the only OS present.. that's the way I did it on a couple of my PC's and it worked fine.. :) Zavier's method is also good, I'm just offering an alternative.. ;)

Thanks for your idea and help.

I will uninstall my W7 this week.
Since I have an old Motherboard P4M800 Pro that has no driver for Vista and W7, lately my W7 hangs many times a day.

Thanks and cheers!

Hi there
even easier if you have the Windows XP install disk.

1) Start your windows XP boot up disk

2) Select REPAIR system using the recovery console

3) Enter your logon password and the number of the windows system you want to fix. Usually it's nr 1.

(It needs a password so if you haven't got one create one before you attempt this).

4) Simply type in FIXMBR.

5) Now re-boot -- your system will automatically boot into Windows XP.

Now you can delete / re-format the Windows 7 partition -- just go into contol panel, administrative tools, disk management etc etc.

Note if your windows XP system is installed on to a SATA drive your Windows XP disk will have to have been "Slipstreamed" with the SATA drivers -- just use the driverpacks site and nLite to do this.
cheers
jimbo

Thanks for your idea and help.

I will uninstall my W7 this week.
Since I have an old Motherboard P4M800 Pro that has no driver for Vista and W7, lately my W7 hangs many times a day.

Thanks and cheers!

I have that same motherboard in one of my older PCs and Windows VIsta works like a charm: the stock VESA graphics drivers which were bundled in the Vista kernel were able to display up to a resolution of 1600 x 1200 (albiet without Aero, of course)

After i installed the XP graphics drivers into Vista, everything was running perfectly fine, albiet still without Aero. (VIA themselves stated that the P4M80 graphics adaptor does not support Aero)

Zavier's suggestion will still leave you with the 7 MBR and boot manager.
If you installed 7 after XP, then Radenights suggestion may lock you out of your computer and you may need some extra work.
Go with Jimbo's suggestion -simple and 100%

I agree 100% with davehc. EasyBCD is a Vista only program so you will have problems when you delete Win 7.

Zavier

Zavier's suggestion will still leave you with the 7 MBR and boot manager.
If you installed 7 after XP, then Radenights suggestion may lock you out of your computer and you may need some extra work.
Go with Jimbo's suggestion -simple and 100%

I really don't see how my suggestion would lock you out of your computer... I've done it multiple times on mutiple pc's and never once had a problem.. ;)

Windows 7 could be his root partition. If he reformats it he will also format over the XP booting files.

Another way would be to go into Disk Management while in Windows XP and format/delete the partition that Windows 7 is on.. once that's done than reboot, it should just automatically boot into XP now since it's the only OS present.. that's the way I did it on a couple of my PC's and it worked fine.. :) Zavier's method is also good, I'm just offering an alternative.. ;)

Did that work well for you? I tried that after installing xp and 7 on the same notebook. everything worked fine except I still had the xp or 7 option on the boot screen. I ultimately reformatted the drive and installed xp back, as main OS, but now I've added 7 back onto a 20 gig partition just to play around with it some more. lol, win 7 is cool though, but if i decide to remove it again, I'd sure hate to mess with that boot screen again.

I have uninstalled W7, due to the lack of driver for my motherboard.

These how I uninstalled it.

1. Insert W7 DVD into DVD ROM
2. Run Command Prompt in Run menu then enter the following command: F:\boot\bootsect.exe/nt52 All/force

Drive F is my DVD ROM Drive
Note: nt52 is the master boot record used by XP, meanwhile Vista using nt60

3. Remove the W7 DVD
4. Restart Computer
5. Remove manually Boot.BAK and BootSect.BAK in drive C
6. Reformat Drive E (the drive which W7 is installed)

And everything is returned to XP again. The dual boot in booting process is disappeared.
Thanks for all your help.

Cheers!

Did that work well for you? I tried that after installing xp and 7 on the same notebook. everything worked fine except I still had the xp or 7 option on the boot screen. I ultimately reformatted the drive and installed xp back, as main OS, but now I've added 7 back onto a 20 gig partition just to play around with it some more. lol, win 7 is cool though, but if i decide to remove it again, I'd sure hate to mess with that boot screen again.

Yeah it worked fine for me... ;) Though I did have XP and 7 installed on seperate hard drives.... If your still having problems though, EasyBCD is a great app to take care of that annoying OS selection screen at startup.. With that app you can set XP as the main/default OS (among other things) which will result in no OS selection screen anymore.. :) It's available here:

Download EasyBCD 1.7.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

Worked fine wit EasyBCD, but cannot remove most files

Boot XP only works fine, but I cannot remove the W7 folder/files.
W7 was installed on a disk with lots of data, so I cannot format.
Delete folders/files results in lots of 'no atmittance' etc.
Command DOS del - same result.

Back