Uninstalled AVG and now cannot detect network.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Reid Lim C W, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Reid Lim C W

Reid Lim C W New Member

Hi, I was trying to uninstall my AVG and at the end of the installation, it says something about file not found and concluded. I made a check and found the AVG has been installed. The next thing I remember is that after I restart my computer, my computer can no longer detect network.

I was on broadband connecting from wall point to modem to router then wired to my computer. I tried unplugging the cable can connect directly from my modem but it doesn't work.

I am considering to totally reformat and reinstall my current Win7 if the solution to my connectivity is too complex. I cannot reinstall AVG as it's a downloader installer. Problem is I'm not sure how to reformat. Insert the Win7 DVD only let me repair if I remember correctly. Pls advise, I'm kinda lost here.

Regards,
    Reid (sent from iPhone)

2. CommonTater

CommonTater New Member

Hi Reid... I'd try the repair from DVD first anyway. It may just be that AVG scrambled some settings on the way out and a repair might get you up and running fairly easily.

Give that a try and let us know if you need more help....

3. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

two ways to re-install clean (best) and repair. In clean you format the drive install and re-install your apps (PITA) but best. IN repair you "fix" but dont completely install a new OS

Boot from dvd, do your kind of re-install.

Let us know if you need help with it

Ken j

4. CChamp

CChamp New Member

Before formatting you might want to just do a system restore. That has baled me out of problems quite a few times.

5. Reid Lim C W

Reid Lim C W New Member

Hi, the 'repair' doesn't work. it requires Internet. and the offline repair mode gives me an error msg. Im deciding to do a clean install. after I have backup my files, how should I start? I tried booting up with my DVD in the drive but it doesn't start the installation. Sorry for the trouble, I'm just not good at this..

Reid

#5 Reid Lim C W, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  6. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Hey man. Just use this in safe mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot. If you still need help, then we can reset your network adapter to default original very easily.

7. Reid Lim C W

Reid Lim C W New Member

Hmm, but situation now is that I cannot connect to Internet. not even safe mode with networking. And after I have uninstalled AVG, I cannot undo it. Recovery fails to bring back AVG as well. >.<

8. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

How are you typing the replies? Use that method to download.

Or in safe mode + networking, run the following commands in a command prompt one at a time then press enter after each:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Reboot.

cybercore and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Reid Lim C W

Reid Lim C W New Member

k, will try that. I'm using iphone to reply by the way. Thkx for the patience.