Windows 7 Uninterruptible Power supply limits.

trog69

Fantastic Member
This might belong in some other section, but my question concerns the amount of connections to an Uninterruptible power supply.

See, I have an older, WW2-era wiring setup in my house, so I worry about too much on one fuse. I have the CyberPower model CP 1350c, with details, here:

CyberPower CP-1350-AVR-LCD Intelligent UPS with LCD Diagnostics (CP1350AVRLCD) from Solid Signal

And, according to the UPS's monitoring program, it is now being drawn at 113w.

Now my question; I have just purchased an A/V receiver and will eventually have a 7.1 sound system to be run via my PC, with no television, this is only really for gaming/music/occ'l movie. Is this going to be too much to add to this unit, and perhaps I should try and use a different plug-in/surge protection?

Thanks for any help on this.

EDIT: I won't be setting up the entire 7.1 for quite a while. Instead it will be just 5.1, though I doubt that will make much difference.

GAAA! I forgot to list the items already plugged into the UPS. PC/fan/monitor/4.1 Klipsch powered speaker system.

Last edited:
And now I'll answer myself, because I just now realized that the receiver will merely take the place of the Klipsch system plugged in now. The only reason why I still am asking is that I would like to know if the receiver with all those speakers, including a powered subwoofer, is a bit much for one plug in, regardless of the UPS. Sorry for my ignorance.

Not likely. And the reason why is unless you are sending a high amplitude test signal to all channels at once, your amplifier will be loafing along as music and video sound tracks rarely, if ever max out a single channel for any length of time, let alone all channels.

FTR, I have a 1500VA (~1000 w) UPS on my HT system, which includes a decent Onkyo receiver, Velodyne powered subwoofer, BluRay player, DVR/Cable box, and game console - AND my big screen TV and I have rarely seen total instantaneous demands go over 500W, with it typically sitting below 300W. And note I have always been into loud Rock and Roll - and I worked over 24 years near very loud jet aircraft (meaning at 61, I crank it up even louder!!!).

But your question was (my bold added), "my question concerns the amount of connections to an Uninterruptible power supply." You can use as many splitters as you need to connect as many devices as you want - as long as the total demands do not exceed capability.

HOWEVER - do NOT connect an UPS to a surge and spike connector and do NOT connect a surge and spike connector to an UPS. The UPS already provides that protection and connecting surge and spike arrestors to either side of the UPS can conflict with the UPS' regulator circuits. Just use plain extension cords to increase the number protected outlets.

Back