Windows 7 Unknown device

Super Sarge

As you can see from image I have an unknown device that is USB related. The funny part is I have tested all my USB ports with different devices and they all work and the devices work. I have no idea why this is happening. It is not a big deal as everything runs fine but woulod like to know why if possible
rus93m.jpg
:confused:

As you can see from image I have an unknown device that is USB related. The funny part is I have tested all my USB ports with different devices and they all work and the devices work. I have no idea why this is happening. It is not a big deal as everything runs fine but woulod like to know why if possible
rus93m.jpg
:confused:

Can you take a screenshot of your Device manager, details and the hardware ID of the unknown device?

Here is what you requested with a couple of more
2u53jeo.jpg

23jn1v4.jpg

fk600g.jpg

Hope this helps

Thank you. Hmm...okay. Try this -- remove all USB Root Hub Connections. Be careful and don't be surprised as when you begin removing them you will most likely lose functionality of your keyboard and mouse. Regardless, remove as much of the connections as you can and restart your computer. Let Windows find the USB connections again and see if the unknown device is still there.

I did that it still comes back
wste9u.jpg

I can uninstall it but on any re-boot it re-appears. It is not a really big deal as all my USB Devices work. I am just curious on what causes this problem so it can be fixed in the future. IT done this on RC 1 also. MY install of W7Pro was a clean install. It nave did this on Vista 32 bit same board. I have latest BIOS (1003) and Chip set for an ASUS P6t Deluxe V2 board

I did that it still comes back
wste9u.jpg

I can uninstall it but on any re-boot it re-appears. It is not a really big deal as all my USB Devices work. I am just curious on what causes this problem so it can be fixed in the future. IT done this on RC 1 also. MY install of W7Pro was a clean install. It nave did this on Vista 32 bit same board. I have latest BIOS (1003) and Chip set for an ASUS P6t Deluxe V2 board

It looks as though it could be a component of one of your other devices but not a major one as your other devices all continue to work. If you really wanted to know what exactly was causing the error, you could always unplug each device, remove unknown device and reboot to troubleshoot.

Someday if I get the energy I will do that to see what happens, but as of now since all my USB devices work, I have tried them all in various ports I will just disable the unknown one and remember to do this after a re-boot

You think you could make the original attachment where we could actually read it? The snipping tools works well for such things. But I cannot see what you have posted.

here it is in 800x600 code for unknown device is 43 it is supposedly a USB device but I think there is error in registry and or driver because all my USB devices function correctly and I have tried them on various USB ports. I have 10 USB ports on the machine 8 in the back 2 on the front panel and all work when a device is plugged into them. I have one Fire wire port in the back and 1 E-Sata in the rear panel and 1 E-Sata on front panel the Fire wire port function correctly the E-Sata port in the rear functions correctly the front panel E-Sata port does not work

Like I said it is just annoying not knowing the cause, but in no way does it inhibit the function of my machine. I can disable/uninstall the device however it does re-appear on a re-boot
rcopzl.jpg

Last edited:
Here is more info on the unknown device
Description
Driver Management concluded the process to install driver FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af\usb.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\6&36F05019&A&4 with the following status: 0x0.

I would try uninstalling the unknown device and let Windows find it again.

Do you have any attached devices that might have additional devices built in, like card readers on a printer, or even a card reader on your main system?

I have attached a picture of my USB device section. I have loaded the chipset drivers for my motherboard from ASUS. The reason I load the specific driver is I do not believe the Windows vanilla drivers can account for all devices.

You might check the differences in yours from mine. Things like the keyboard/mouse device and the Generic devices. Perhaps installing your manufacturer's drivers might help. There even may be some specific additional drivers needed for Win 7.

Solved Solved Solved

The answer was staring me in the face I forgot I had a USB port on a multiple card reader on the front of my Computer as I have never really used it. I only use one slot on this reader for my cameras memory stick. I took a USB flash drive device plugged it into the USB port on this Multiple reader and the problem resolved itself. I no longer have an Unknown USB device and it no longer matters if if I have a USB device plugged in or not.

I want to thank everyone for their help in resolving the problem

Back
Top Bottom