Unkown device

stueycaster

Millennium Celebration Award Winner
Premium Supporter
After clean installing Windows 10 Home day before yesterday it showed 3 unknown devices in Device Manager. I ran the diagnostics thing at Dell Support and it fixed two of them. Now I don't know how to fix the remaining one. I'd like to just install the driver but I have no idea what it is. Microsoft and Dell can't seem to see it either. I was wondering if there's another site that might find it.

• Open Device Manager
  • Right click the device and go to Details
  • From the drop down select 'Hardware Ids'
  • The first # after VEN_ up to the & is the manufacturer the number afer DEV_ up to the & is the device type
  • That should be enough to determine which driver to install
  • You can look enter these numbers here PCI Vendor and Device Lists
Example
pci.PNG

Thank you. With your help I identified it to be NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM). But it doesn't show on the Nvidia driver site.

It's probably packaged with another Nvidia driver such as the video
Neem's is correct.

When you install the graphics driver again, go for a custom install as this will allow you to change what is ultimately installed.

Neem's is correct.

When you install the graphics driver again, go for a custom install as this will allow you to change what is ultimately installed.
Hey Kemical old buddy. It's good to see you again. Thanks for the info guys.

Thanks Buddy. Yeah I'm Ok. And the suggestion worked. Now Device Manager looks good. Later. I gotta go to work now.

Yeah that's what it was. From the Dell site. Now my computer is perfect.

Nice to hear Stuey, there's nothing worse than a machine giving you issues..

Yep. But you know, the most fun I ever have is beating my head against the wall trying to find a fix for some problem. Luckily I have relatives who come to me for help. I know right? I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Back