Windows 7 Unmountable boot volume

MetalMulisha

Ok, my computer had been having problems before but now when i'm booting up my computer I get the blue screen that's says unmountable_boot_volume right after the starting windows screen. I cannot get windows to start in safe mode or any of the other advanced boot options. The only time I don't get the blue scren is when I try start up repair, which just causes a black screen with the cursor. I googled the problem and from what I can gather I Need a windows 7 disk to repair this problem but my problem is I have no disk nor can I get a hold of one. Is there some other way to fix it without the disk?

You can perform startup repair with Windows 7 Recovery dvd:

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs

Attach your latest crash dumps from C:\Windows\Minidump.
I just got the same problem. My Win7 Pro SP1 x64 has the recovery tools on the HDD. I was able to run the Start Up recovery, which pointed out that I need to run a CHDSK, which I've done about 3 times now with the /F /R options set. Chkdsk finishes saying it had fixed the problems, but I'm still getting the Unmountable_Boot_Volume BSOD.

Is there anything else I can do to get my PC back up, without reinstalling Windows?
PS. I'm running a RAID1 (disk mirroring setup at the hardware level), which after the Chkdsk is saying Status: Normal. the PC is a Dell XPS1730.
Thanks for your help guys.

Back