Windows 7 Unresponsive System...

VsUK

Ok, i had this problem before & didnt get much help but i didnt really give much info about it & i decided to do a repair install which messed everything up n did a fresh install, anyways its been like 2-3 weeks since then & now the problems back & i have more info to give you..

Basically what happens is sometimes & often when i turn my system on not everything loads up that should in the system startup list & sometimes when they do all load up i get the same problem, i can seem to open programs installed on my system. They show up in process tree but using a fraction of memory they normally do like firefox.exe using 106kb n so forth.

Now i went into my D drive a few mins ago to try & manually start it up & it didnt load up but the explorer window stopped responding & it closed & reloaded the explorer.exe, then from that point onwards everyime i tried to open a folder or my computer, cp or anything i get an error box, Explorer.exe title with the message The remote procedure call failed and did not execute. Now i get a slightly different error when i try control panel, which gives me.. error.jpg & clicking ok gives me the first error box Explorer.exe title with the message The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

I have also noticed that my network connection box is stuck in the loading mode which i have attached a ss of called asset.jpg.

Right clicking program shortcuts also times out my windows explorer & causes it to exit n reload, i'm down to having to reboot the system 4 or 5 times until i manage to click firefox shortcut & see if it opens & if it does i know everything else will be working.

I have also noticed my Firefox browser which is default does load up but only if i click the email link on my trillian messenger or click something else from a program that opens up the browser to load a web page but i am unable to load it manually even though IE opens up perfectly fine, firefox dosnt & nor does any other software for example ms office, excel, frontpage & generally software i have installed manually as calculator, paint, desktop gadget gallery i dont have auto start with windows, WMP & from what i can tell most software that came with windows 7 or installed via update works fine.

I have a 1tb drive partitions into 5 sections & i often to maintenance using tuneup utilities 2011 which also checks for drive defragmentation & defrags depending on the defragment level.

I really don't want to reinstall windows every 3,4 weeks because of this so does anyone have any suggestions to help fix this & if you need me to perform some tasks to generate some data to look at just ask..

Thanks

Attachments

• asset.jpg
    asset.jpg
    1,017 bytes · Views: 768
Last edited:
Could you please edit your post and remove all the & entries. Perhpaps it is a smiley face, do not know for sure.

Have you tried running some anti-virus or malware programs?

the & is and, the first symbol in & is what i put, the rest is by a bug in the forum or something, i see it a lot & sorry "AND" if the forum cant accept the symbol & which means "AND" then i shouldnt have to edit as the admins should fix it :D

As for maleware n so forth i have & nothings been detected.

When looking with my partition manager all 4 types are Simple Volumes & Partition IDs are all Dynamic Volumes & i cant see anything that says Primary or Logical but i do believe it used to say that before i split the 4th partition into 2. Maybe i have to many partitions on my hd causing problems you think?

If you have dynamic drives, that probaly means you are running a RAID. I know very little about how those operate.

I was asking because Win 7 only allows 4 primary partitions. A third party software can put on more than four and might cause problems.

But, as I said, I am not familiar with RAID setups and what they are allowed to do.

I've im running raid its not my intention to run raid, i just split my 1tb drive into 4 partitions & then i decided to split my 4th one into 2. Ill try to reduce the partitions & see if it improves things..

Back