Windows 7 unsuccesfull backup

Robin hood

My windows is having some problem in running the backup, every time I run the backup it gives the following message after completion.

THE LAST BACKUP DIDNOT COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY

Although the windows appears to be running well I dont know whats the problem with the backup there were certain registery issues in the past but these are solved now. please help

Are you talking about an image backup?

Are the drives you use still connected? You are not using the same drive for the backup as the one being backed up?

Is something selected for backup that is not accessible?

backup Issues

:mad:I have the same issue. I have had Windows Home Premium 64 bit on a new HP laptop for about a month now. I've tried to run backup 3 times now with no success. One time it made it to 70% and then would lock up and the the process indicator turned red and said back up did not complete successfully. I tried again and again and I always get the error. I dont have the option of backing up to a network hard drive, I believe that is only an option with ultimate, not home premium. Its really a nice option to back up your files but I cant get it to work, so I manually backup on my networked pc.

unsuccessfull back up

Thanks for replying,

Yes, am trying to make an Image backup.

and for this purpose am using a different drive(D)on the hard disk with a free space of about 20GB while I want to make the backup for user files and system Image that are in drive C. let me mention also the Error code 0*81000001 that is in the details of the backup.I have Googled this error code but nothing usefull came out.

NO, all the files are accessable since they are located on the hard disk, drive C.

If D: is a partition on the same hard drive, that might be part of the problem.

20 G may not be enough. Can you get an external drive to use for this purpose, or use a network backup?

unsuccessfull backup

Hi! Saltgrass

Thanks for replying.

Although D is a partition on the same hard drive but I have been making backup image on it in the past and it worked perfactly well untill some malware attacked my machine it was a registery debugger but its deleted know and the registery is repaired.

I had alocated 13 gb for this in the backup settings and it was normal.

I think there is no restriction, by the windows, on saving back up image on the same hard drive if the partition is different.

I think there is no restriction, by the windows, on saving back up image on the same hard drive if the partition is different.
You might be right about this but there is a warning about making the image on the same physical hard drive in case of drive failure. I suppose I have not tried it, but I am not offered that option when creating an image. My Data partition, which is just as large as the primary, is not shown in the possible targets.

Since you are having problems, you need to try possible solutions. Do one backup to another drive or location with a partition you know is large enough to handle it and see if it works any better. Something is causing the problem, so you need to start eliminating the possible causes.

Back