Windows Vista Unusual Win7 Internet Problem

crownabhisek

Intro
-----

*This problem occurs only in Win7
I've Win7 x64
I've ASUS Motherboard, so I've installed ASUS AI Net ;)
I've 256 KBps Broadband connection :cool:
I manually connect to Internet with username & password
I start my Torrent downloads @ 2:00 AM everyday till 8:00 AM
And let the computer download torrents, and I keep the PC in AI Nap mode :cool:
*Internet doesn't get disconnected in AI Nap mode
*Usually the connection disconnects & again reconnects automatically from time to time

The Problem :confused:
--------------

But in the above mention period, the connection reconnects when it gets disconnected, but data transfers doesn't occur after reconnectioin. And in morning, when I get out of AI Nap mode & try do disconnect @ 8:00 AM, the disconnect button doesn't work. I've to restart the PC to connect to internet. Then everything works just fine.
But again in the other night, when I do the same thing, I get the same problem.
It's more like a curse to me from MS.

My Question
--------------

How do I get rid of this problem?
*Mention any other alternative other than not using AI Nap mode. Because I love AI Nap mode

Solution
It seems like you are facing some connectivity issues with your Windows 7 system, particularly when using ASUS AI Net and AI Nap mode. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem without having to give up using AI Nap mode: 1. Check Power Management Settings: - Make sure that your network adapter's power management settings are not set to turn off the device to save power. This can sometimes cause connectivity issues when the system tries to sleep or enter low-power modes. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your network adapter installed. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause issues with network connectivity. 3. Disable Automatic Reconnection: - In...
It seems like you are facing some connectivity issues with your Windows 7 system, particularly when using ASUS AI Net and AI Nap mode. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem without having to give up using AI Nap mode: 1. Check Power Management Settings: - Make sure that your network adapter's power management settings are not set to turn off the device to save power. This can sometimes cause connectivity issues when the system tries to sleep or enter low-power modes. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your network adapter installed. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause issues with network connectivity. 3. Disable Automatic Reconnection: - In your network settings, disable the automatic reconnection feature. This can sometimes interfere with the network connection stability. 4. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - Resetting the TCP/IP stack can help resolve network connectivity issues. You can do this by running the following commands in an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
bash netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
5. Run Network Troubleshooter: - Windows has a built-in Network Troubleshooter that can help diagnose and fix common network connectivity issues. You can access it by right-clicking on the network icon in the system tray and selecting "Troubleshoot problems." 6. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 system is fully up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Sometimes, updates include fixes for network-related issues. 7. Contact ASUS Support: - If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to ASUS support for assistance with their AI Net software and compatibility with Windows 7. If after trying these steps the issue still persists, you may need to consider alternative solutions such as using a different network management tool or looking for specific updates or patches related to ASUS AI Net and Windows 7 compatibility. Remember to always back up your important data before making any significant changes to your system.

Solution
Back