Windows 7 update checker

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I used Filehippo's update checker and it kept flagging recuva as needing updating.
However, the version it wanted to install was the vesion I had installed. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but when I read the details of each, I had what it wanted to install.
Is this called false positive, or if not, which of the programs is faulty?
I have Secunia but that only checks vulnerabilities. Patch my PC was tricky and installed a program when I inadvertently touched a key.
I wonder if ther is a better update checker out there?
Thank you
Peter

Hi Peterr,

That depends on what version of Recuva you're currently running - you can find it in the About section of the program.
The latest version is 1.43.623

Hello Peterr,

All Piriform programs have the option to check for updates in their programs options. This will advise you of any updates available upon startup of the program. When installing the update from Piriform it will also automatically remove the older version.
If you wish to manually update, I would suggest updating from Piriform (makers of Recuva, CCleaner, Speccy, etc:)

Hope this helps
Don

I will go to piriform and download as you say to see if this fixes the issue but I have compared my installed verion with piriform's latest and they are the same. Filehippo however keeps saying I need the latest version.
I'll keep trying and thank you

Back