Windows 8 Update help

Stretch

So I a, currently trying to get all of the updates for windows 8.1 set up on my computer so that I can update to windows ten. As I have been going about doing this, the updated has frozen.....
It has been working on one certain update for the last twelve hours.... I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
Well you could give us some details or assume we allready just know?

12 hours makes me think you forgot to turn off the anti-virus before letting the system try a large update or that your internet is less than up to the task but its just a guess.

any specific details you would need?
The anti virus I use is just windows defender. As to whether the antivirus and/or wifi connections are causing it to go slow.... It wouldn't surprise me if it was both lol.
I've only got a three meg download speed.
I know it isn't processing power or lack of ram space.... I've got an i7 core processor and 16 gig of ram, so no issues there. As of this morning nothing has changed, so it's been updating now for almost 24 hours. It says not to shut it off while it is updating, but it is becoming tempting lol....
I need to do a computer refresh as it is, so I may just restart it and do that..... Does doing a computer refresh make you have to reinstall all of the updates that I have already installed?

I need to do a computer refresh as it is, so I may just restart it and do that..... Does doing a computer refresh make you have to reinstall all of the updates that I have already installed?
Are you talking about a factory reset? that will reset your system to what it was on the first day... assumes it works which I'd give a 50%/ 50% at this point.

p.s. yes after 24hours you may as well assume it crashed... you have a backup yes?

A backup, no.... But that is why I was referring to a computer refresh. It is similar to a factory reset, but it preserves your personal files.
It wouldn't be entirely the end of the world if I had to do a complete reset though....

A factory reset (base image & files) I only give a 20% because installation of 8.1 changes the documents folder layout of 8... Still best of luck with it

Back