Windows 10 Update Problem

Joe S

Excellent Member
When I try and update to the new version of insiders builds It only downloads. When I check in Advanced Settiings it says Some Settings Are Managed by Your Organization. Any idea how to fix this I'm set to the fast ring?
Joe

Just the built in Windows items. I wish you could simply download the ISO and do a clean install instead of the upgrade!
Joe

I just did a quick search but didn't find much relating to this issue.. What about your current install, are you dual booting or using a VM?

I'm running on a VM. I tried running the media creation tool there and it downloads but won't upgrade or make an ISO. I wonder if the telemetry junk is messed up. I had problems on the last build with the Spybot Antibeacon and uninstalled that then it installed OK.
Joe

Hmm... You didn't install it again did you? Silly question i know..

No but maybe it left some things behind that went into the upgrade. Upgrading is frustrating.
Joe

Well I downloaded an ISO from a torrent site and that fixed things now I can upgrade to the new build they released today. I don't know why MS won't let you simply download the ISO. I started fresh with nothing saved.
Joe

Well it updated to the next build 14521 without any problems. The networking is still working in this build too,
Joe

I really haven't had enough time to notice yet. I was getting things set backup and have a few more things to install. This time I didn't have to reset the sharing on Windows 7 like I did in the past. The networking is definitely better I don't think there are any big changes.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom