Windows 8 Updates Error

ObiwanRei

I have been doing windows updates today but i got error 80070002.

Have done all kinds of fixes and followed all the instructions to resolve and fix the error but to no avail.

Everytime I do windows updates, just for today, i got different kinds of erros e.g. 8024402F 8024A000

Is there ANOTHER or new solution to resolve these errors.

i have done deleting the contents of windows software distribution -- download and datastore.
I have done the troubleshooter that you suggested, still it didn't work... error still in windows updates
I also have run windows update diagnostics, the problem is still there.
I also got error 8024A000, and have done stopping the services pertaining to windows updates.. I have followed the instructions given on how to do it, still the problem is not resolved and I couldn't install the updates. Just this morning at around 3:30a.m., I couldn't install the windows update..

If you could really, really help and resolve the issue, I would appreciate it very much.

I recently went through something very similar and was pulling my hair out trying to resolve the issue.
I finally found this article and followed it step by step from Method 1 all the way down to Method 10 which finally resolved the issue for me.
I can't guarantee that it'll work for you but it might be worth a try.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2509997

After all the suggested solutions to resolve the above error, still I cannot install windows updates. And then, am getting a variety of errors starting with number 800 or x800..

What am i suppose to do now? I'm hopeless to find a solution to fix these problems.

Not exactly sure why you created another thread just to ask about the same problem that was already being attended in your other thread, but.......
If you've exhausted all your options including the links that both Kemical and myself included in the other thread, then perhaps you might want to perform what is commonly called an
In-place upgrade / repair install as described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2255099
And another link regarding the same topic with a little more in-depth explanation here http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26095-repair-install-windows-8-a.html
I've done a lot of these on Windows 7 and a few on Windows 8 and all have gone without a hitch, but.......
I would still strongly recommend, you make every effort to backup and secure any and all critical data to an external resource.

Not exactly sure why you created another thread just to ask about the same problem that was already being attended in your other thread, but.......
If you've exhausted all your options including the links that both Kemical and myself included in the other thread, then perhaps you might want to perform what is commonly called an
In-place upgrade / repair install as described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2255099
And another link regarding the same topic with a little more in-depth explanation here http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26095-repair-install-windows-8-a.html
I've done a lot of these on Windows 7 and a few on Windows 8 and all have gone without a hitch, but.......
I would still strongly recommend, you make every effort to backup and secure any and all critical data to an external resource.

So sorry about that.. Am new in the computer world and am not an IT professional.. Just a little knowledge about computer, internet and FB.

I shall check the link that you have sent me and I shall keep you informed of the results. Thank you very much for your help.

So sorry about that.. Am new in the computer world and am not an IT professional.. Just a little knowledge about computer, internet and FB.

I shall check the link that you have sent me and I shall keep you informed of the results. Thank you very much for your help.

5:47pm--Manila
I have just checked the link that you provide... I am so sorry, it's so technical for me and I don't understand how should I do it. Sorry

No problem Obiwan which link do you refer to?

the one that you've sent me .... support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb225509.. Anyways, thanks you very much for your help. Indeed, i've learn so much about your suggestions.

You know what I did..? I refresh my laptop now and everything, hopefully, will be okay.. Am installing all the updates and so far no problem. Thank you again... Regards

I have another question.. Why, until now, I don't see the Windows 10 icon for reservation of Windows 10 that shall be released on July 29, 2015? How do I get it?

Last edited:
i have done deleting the contents of windows software distribution -- download and datastore.
I have done the troubleshooter that you suggested, still it didn't work... error still in windows updates
I also have run windows update diagnostics, the problem is still there.
I also got error 8024A000, and have done stopping the services pertaining to windows updates.. I have followed the instructions given on how to do it, still the problem is not resolved and I couldn't install the updates. Just this morning at around 3:30a.m., I couldn't install the windows update..

If you could really, really help and resolve the issue, I would appreciate it very much.
ok i had this problem as well i called microsoft in the windows dept started in the level one tech . they couldnt fix it , went to level two tech , they couldnt fix it . so i turned my norton security and my windows defender (OFF) then i chose what updates to down load . i downloaded 1 at a time . i got to a download that failed so i (HID) it . and continued downloading 1 at a time . there was no more problems . windows has a security update that is corrupted so it fails to update all the other updates as well if downloaded all at one time . took me 9 days of dealing with microsoft to want to try to figure this out on my own . hope i helped u and saved you some time :)

ok i had this problem as well i called microsoft in the windows dept started in the level one tech . they couldnt fix it , went to level two tech , they couldnt fix it . so i turned my norton security and my windows defender (OFF) then i chose what updates to down load . i downloaded 1 at a time . i got to a download that failed so i (HID) it . and continued downloading 1 at a time . there was no more problems . windows has a security update that is corrupted so it fails to update all the other updates as well if downloaded all at one time . took me 9 days of dealing with microsoft to want to try to figure this out on my own . hope i helped u and saved you some time :)

Sorry for the late reply..Have been busy for my kid's school activities. What I did was Refresh my laptop and everything goes fine. It took me almost a day to re-install the Windows updates.

Thanks very much for your help. God bless you all..

Back