Windows 10 Updates

trippster2

Hi...after installing the latest windows 10 update, i cannot get my pc to boot. Actually, it boots, but only into a recovery environment. It says that it is missing a file, \windows\system32\winload.efi. I am trying to avoid doing a full reset, because I really don't want to lose the hundreds of apps I have installed. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to do this? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The latest Windows update seems to be full of issues like this. If nothing else works, consider rolling back to the previous version. You can do this from RE by pressing Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Go back to the previous version

I tried uninstalling both the "feature" and "quality" update options, and it gives the error message "windows ran into a problem and could not uninstall update"

? Have you checked that all your updates have settled and stopped a separate virus protection program on your download new.

I set my pc to update at 2am. When I woke up the next morning, I was in the RE, and haven't been able to get out of it since.

Does the error tell the code?
inf not turn off the device completely if the battery is disconnected
Is it a desk or a laptop?

Is it possible to remove the battery so unplug wait 5 minutes put back then you can get in tell.

Just a few reminders before we use the site: This is a non-Microsoft site. This page appears to provide accurate, secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may promote products that are often classified as pup products (potentially unwanted products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

In order to use that, I would have to be able to get out of the recovery environment, which I cannot, and install the program, which I cannot.

Back
Top Bottom