Windows 7 updates

arfursleep

Good Morning

I do appologise if this query is posted in the wrong forum

My problem is I can get auto updates for windows 7 but I have recently purchased Office 2010 Professional Plus and when I try to update that software, I get the following error message

To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates.

I bought the PC from a local supplier and it came with windows 7 pre-installed but I do have the disc

Can anyone provide me with information as to how I can remove the error and updates software accordingly

Thank you in antcicipation

Kindest Regards

Thank you for your response

I usually go to safety windows update to carry out my updates. I installed office 2010 professional plus yesterday and went opened word and went to File, Help ~~ check for updates and thats when I get the error message I posted with my originla thread. If I go to Safety and Windows update it usually says windows updated but I have just tried that option now and it "windows cannot access the specified device path, You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

Any advise will be most appreciated

First confirm that the account you are logging onto Windows with is an Administrator account.

The go to Control Panel, Windows Update, clickon "change settings" in the left hand panel and make sure that all four option check boxes have a tick in them. I also recommend you choose the option from the pull down list to check for updates but let you choose whether to download and install them. That way you know what's going on and are in control. Then go back to the windows update window and click on "check for updates" in the left hand panel.

Once again many thanks for your response and advice

I have done all that you suggested and all windows updates are up to date, however, If I try and update from Word using help and check for updates, I stll get the message about not being able to access the site because of Adminstrative reasons and would like to know how I can overcome getting this messages

Once again thank you for your help

I'd just rely on the Windows update service for both Windows and Office updates. If that is not reporting any availability then you're system is up to date. You shouldn't need to to be checking for Office updates independently of Windows updates having made the settings you have.

Once again many thanks for your help and advice and I will just rely on Windows Updates and not from individual programmes

Kindest Regards:eek:

Once again many thanks for your help and advice and I will just rely on Windows Updates and not from individual programmes

Kindest Regards:eek:

Also this may help regarding Office updates; if you enable "Microsoft Updates" in addition to the standard Windows Updates, it will update Office and other MS programs when you click Windows Updates.

You can do this from Internet Explorer and just type in Microsoft Update in the BING search bar and then at the website click Agree and it will install a little applet to enable it.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

You should be good to go from there

Back
Top Bottom