Windows 7 Updating Drivers

Joe S

Excellent Member
I used to try to keep all of my drivers up to date with the latest release. Earlier this year my video card died. I found out that there had been a bad driver released that altered fan operation. I think that may have been the real cause of the card failure. Since then I've wondered about that. I think if you're not having any issues maybe the best policy might be "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Anybody else have similar thoughts on this?
Joe

I used to try to keep all of my drivers up to date with the latest release. Earlier this year my video card died. I found out that there had been a bad driver released that altered fan operation. I think that may have been the real cause of the card failure. Since then I've wondered about that. I think if you're not having any issues maybe the best policy might be "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Anybody else have similar thoughts on this?
Joe

Ancient wisdom indeed ... "If it ain't broke don't fix it"... If your system is stable, doing all required tasks, running fast and error free the very last thing you should do is go messing with it... Just use it.

Heck, I even turn off Automatic Updates.

Back