Upgrade Coupon

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Phantom93, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Phantom93

Phantom93 New Member

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Some retailers\online stores are offering a 'Free Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon' with purchase of Windows Vista. My question is the exact nature of this coupon, does it mean that you simply for free get a coupon that allows a discount on your purchase of 7 upgrade, or does t mean for free you get a coupon that lets you get windows 7 upgrade for free? I doubt it is the second one as it seems to good to be true, however I was unsure...

2. Tepid

Tepid New Member

You need to check with the company selling the system witht he coupon.....
    But as it worked with Vista it works with 7

You purchase a system today, you get a coupon for the free (no cost, maybe pay shipping) upgrade to Windows 7 when it releases to the general public.

3. BishopLord

BishopLord New Member

https://om2.one.microsoft.com/opa/Validation.aspx?StoreID=127971aa-ac70-438f-9304-4bd05de66415&LocaleCode=en-us

4. NormanF

NormanF New Member

Basically, if you buy a new desktop or laptop now that runs with Windows Vista, you will be eligible to qualify for an upgrade to a corresponding edition of Windows 7 from Microsoft when its made available for the retail market in October. I hope this helps.

5. Drew

Drew Banned

I own an IT consulting company, I am a Microsoft Partner & so is the compnay. I beta tested Windows 7 @ Microsoft's request so maybe my infomation is accurate...

It is my understanding (rightly or wrongly) that this offer no longer exists. It ran from a few months prior to the release of Win7 (Oct. 22, 2009, I think it was) to sometime in early 2010...end of January, if I recall correctly. It was for people who were buying new Vista machines just as 7 was released or about to be & was valid for a little while after its release. I'm quite sure this is now 'old news'.

Regards,
    Drew

6. Medico

Medico Senior Member

These discounts were only offered, as Drew mentioned, just a couple of months before Win 7 was officially released (Win 7 RTM) to induce PC purchasers to continue to purchase PC's during this timeframe when Vista was still preloaded and Win 7 was about to come out. These times are chronically bad times for PC manufacturers as everyone "waits" for the new OS rather than purchasing a new PC with the old OS. These discounts are long gone. Sorry!

7. Drew

Drew Banned

Hey, as Ted explains... if you really want a coupon for something... wait til Windows 8 is being released as GA & same as what Ted & I describe... you'll be able to buy a Win7 machine & get a coupon to 'upgrade' it to Win8, when Win8 gets released as GA. Since you missed it w/ Vista to Win7... you'll get another change @ this same scenario when we go from Win7 to Windows 8

I know, I know... bad humour, as opposed to the Good Humour Man.

IT doesn't have to be all serious, you know... there's room for levity, occasionally.

Cheers,
    Drew