Windows 7 upgrade problem Jmicron JMB36X controller

dekuun

Tried to upgrade vista (SP2) to windows 7. But installation hangs at the last step...got an compatibility warning for my drivers for my Jmicron JMB36X controller. (that's also what the upgrade advisor tells me) But have installed the latest drivers. What can I do?

This is the trouble with upgrade installations sometimes windows just can't upgrade some drivers in place. If this controller worked under Vista it should work under Seven but you may have to clean install to get it to work.
Is it possible to make a list of installed programs and back up your data to attempt a clean nstall?

Yeah...can do a clean install, but that will be a three days job to install everything I need...:rolleyes: so an upgrade looks much easier.

Yeah in that type of situation it's always worth a try but I've never had one I'm happy with.
You could try to download a vista driver for the SATA controller and put them on a flash drive pointing to them at the disc driver installation option during install. You might get it to install like this. It still will not be as stable as a clean install most likely though.

Back