Windows 7 Upgrade questions

nolephin

I was running Vista Home I believe, and I just recently upgraded to the Windows 7 Home Premium (Student Version) via download. The download went smoothly (I left on overnight), but I have a few questions.

It seems through the upgrade some of Vista came along with it, most visibly the Dell Dock. I am sure this isn't the only transfer from Vista, and I believe it is the main cause of the start up time which is definitely not faster than Vista. One of the main reasons I looked into upgrading to Win7 was the efficiency and speed that its supposed to have. (especially for the bootup process.)

I went in to the msconfig and checked off the dell dock, hoping that it will restart smoother. Anyone else have similar issues they have experienced and or just have any solutions to this?

I was running Vista Home I believe, and I just recently upgraded to the Windows 7 Home Premium (Student Version) via download. The download went smoothly (I left on overnight), but I have a few questions.

It seems through the upgrade some of Vista came along with it, most visibly the Dell Dock. I am sure this isn't the only transfer from Vista, and I believe it is the main cause of the start up time which is definitely not faster than Vista. One of the main reasons I looked into upgrading to Win7 was the efficiency and speed that its supposed to have. (especially for the bootup process.)

I went in to the msconfig and checked off the dell dock, hoping that it will restart smoother. Anyone else have similar issues they have experienced and or just have any solutions to this?
Nearly everyone on this forum recommends a clean install of Win7. What you are seeing with the Dell Dock is just one of the possible issues with a Vista Upgrade. You may have to bite the bullet and do that if you can't live with "Vista byproducts."

Back
Top Bottom