Windows 7 upgrade

Peterr

Fantastic Member
I wonder if an upgrade of bios and drivers would make Win 7 more compatible with Win 7 as far as the assistant is concerned?
It reported bluetooth and secure boot were incompatible so if I were to udate the drivers and bios maybe there would be more compatibity.

If there was an issue would Acronis rescue disc fix the pc?

The BIOS wouldn't affect the compatibility of either of those devices.
SecureBoot is not important to the average consumer, and as far as Bluetooth is concerned, you could check the manufacturers website for Windows 7 compatible drivers (even drivers from Windows Vista may work).

Those two components are by no means major show stoppers. Windows should install and work just fine.

The BIOS wouldn't affect the compatibility of either of those devices.
SecureBoot is not important to the average consumer, and as far as Bluetooth is concerned, you could check the manufacturers website for Windows 7 compatible drivers (even drivers from Windows Vista may work).

Those two components are by no means major show stoppers. Windows should install and work just fine.

>>Thank you for that.
Would an Acronis image of my Win 7 system as it is bring all back to normal if I had trouble with the Win 8 upgrade?

I see the post was deleted. I will ask again.
May I ask, would an system image return a pc to the image if all went wrong with a win 8 upgrade or installation?

Back
Top Bottom