upgrade

jas545

Can any of you Pro's tell me if and when we get product key when Win 7 is purchased, are we gona have to rebuild computer, or will we be able to just enter purchased product key and go from there :?

It has been rumored and written in articles that you can upgrade in place from RC to the final version (GA).I haven't done it so I can not confirm it. However...

A: You will still need a qualifying OS to use upgrade media (Vista, Xp what have you) which is cheaper.

B: You will find that most people will recommend that you clean install anyway... it's that much better.

jas545

Thanks, textureDnB,,,,,,,was hopeing they would make going from RC to GA fairly simple.. Things are working so good on my machine that I just hate changing anything.

Just remember I can't confirm that it works, I'm pretty sure I can find you articles that read windows 7 is free forever doesn't mean MS gonna send one in the mail.

The good news is that all you can lose if it fails is the Windows 7 installation that you had to nuke anyway.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.