Windows 7 Upgraded Vaio from vista to 7, wireless internet not reliable.

ChadHT

Hey all,
I've recently upgraded my Vaio from Vista to 7. When I had Vista, my wireless connection at home was very reliable. However, ever since I've upgraded, I can't stay connected for more than 10 minutes. When I lose connection, I switch my wi-fi off externally and right back on and all is well...for another few minutes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chad

EDIT: Just did some browsing, saw Trouble's suggestion of adding a manual ip and Google's DNS settings. Will let you know how it works.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I've recently upgraded my Vaio from Vista to 7. When I had Vista, my wireless connection at home was very reliable. However, ever since I've upgraded, I can't stay connected for more than 10 minutes. When I lose connection, I switch my wi-fi off externally and right back on and all is well...for another few minutes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chad

EDIT: Just did some browsing, saw Trouble's suggestion of adding a manual ip and Google's DNS settings. Will let you know how it works.
Chad:
Since most of these problems are likely a result of device / device driver incompatibility with Windows 7 and can often be addressed with driver updates to network adapters and or firmware updates to routers, it will often help us help you, if you fill out your system specs. Click the settings button on the top of this page and on the left of the resultant window choose edit profile and the starting at least with the version of Windows 7 ( I prefer to choose the second box so I can add 32 or 64 bit manually) continue down. We don't know the model name or specific model numbers of your Viao so it makes it difficult to offer suggestions that would actually be helpful. See attachments.

Thanks for your response.
Well, I changed to the manual IP and it seemed to work for a while, but alas, it's back to the intermittent disconnects. It's a Sony Vaio VGN-NR260E, 2 GB of ram, 200 GB hard drive. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You can try here Sony eSupport - VGN-NR260E - Software Updates & Drivers
I don't see anything specific to Windows 7, but a lot of people have found some success using Vista drivers in compatability mode. Again, I checked your profile and found no system specs and as I said in my first post your system specs would be helpful expecially any information specific to your network adapter and router...manufacturer, model name and number, as well as any specific version information on those two.

Back
Top Bottom