Windows 7 Upgrading on different computers question.

mattmister00

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my problem so here it is:
I have three computers, two are running windows xp and the third (my new one) is running the windows build 7100 only.
My question is, if i buy the windows 7 professional upgrade for 124 dollars (Canadian), can i do a clean install of it on my new computer using the xp key from one of the old ones?

Thank you very much!

Not Sure....

Don't know about the 25-digit code working but the XP Install Disk should work.

Thank you very much; your awesome :D If anyone else has further comments or support his answer please post. Oh and i don't know if it matters but the cds say "for distribution with a new MDG pc only"

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my problem so here it is:
I have three computers, two are running windows xp and the third (my new one) is running the windows build 7100 only.
My question is, if i buy the windows 7 professional upgrade for 124 dollars (Canadian), can i do a clean install of it on my new computer using the xp key from one of the old ones?

Thank you very much!

You can still do a clean install without the XP key.. ;) You just need to use this little trick:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-discussion/8123-info-regarding-upgrade-media.html

That will allow you to perform a clean install then Upgrade that clean install all by using the Windows 7 Pro Upgrade your going to buy.. :)

Back