Windows 10 Upgrading SSD

JohnGis

I had a SSD installed in my computer with the OS on it. This SSD became to small so I bought a 500Gb SSD. I made a backup of the SSD with the OS en put that at the new SSD. But now there are two partitions at this SSD, one with same capicity as the old one and an empty one with a different driveletter. I couldn't expand the OS partition it still stays at the same capicity als the old SSD. Is there a way to use the whole SSD as one disk without reinstalling windows? If so how can that be done?
Thanks,
John

If it boots look in disk management. If the extra partition is on the right, right click that partition and remove it. Then right click on your C drive partition and select expand.

I tried that in the first place, but it didn't work because expand option isn't working :-(

Attachments

• 2018-09-07 19_44_53-Greenshot.png
    2018-09-07 19_44_53-Greenshot.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 168
You can't extend C because there is a partition in between C and the free space. I can't read that, but the 850MB partition is probably a recovery partition and can probably be deleted and then you should be able to extend the C partition.

Looks like Windows rebranded their recovery partition to say OEM Partition. The manufacturer factory restore partitions tend to be much larger than 850MB

Does look that way. Odd though as all mine just say recovery and are only 350MB

My gaming laptop says OEM Partition and is 450MBs. My work says OEM Partition and it's 850MB. Home one was a clean install from Windows media and work was our imaging neither was a manufacturer image.

Back