Windows 7 Uploading.

aerick

I have notice that I am uploading all the time. I am not Downloading anything, I don't think its update. Has any come cross why? I am using the RC. Thanks :confused:

i don't know why you haven't received an answer to this yet, but i am interested in knowing more about this as well. hopefully someone will come along and put an answer to this down here. it might be because ms has built in software to see how you are using the beta.

Thanks, I thought about that software too. I was trying to find out what programs are using the network, but I didn't find anything. My network montior, reported that i was uploading something for a sec, it was 836k.

Its weird.

Well it could be any number of things... keyloggers come to mind.. or maybe a data miner.. or i guess it COULD be an anti-virus program that is sending data constantly for some reason.. ;) You could also have some spyware or adware sitting on your machine.. when this happens sometimes they'll constantly send information about your computer and your surfing habits.. ;) It's dirty but it happens.

I'd suggest doing a clean install if your able to.. As in insert your Windows 7 install disc and format your HDD (or just the partition that has Windows 7 on it if you have it setup that way.. then clean install Win 7.. You'll have a nice fresh install and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.. ;) Hopefully..

You said your using the RC, so your using build 7100 then? 32 bit or 64 bit? Did you get the build from Technet or an untrusted source.. If you got it from an untrusted source than it could be infected with Malware or possibly a Trojan which could be causing this problem...

If a clean install isn't an option for you then I'd suggest doing a full virus scan as well as a full spyware/adware scan just to make sure your not infected with anything.. ;) Let us know what route your going to take or if neither of my suggestions help and we'll see what else we can try..

A torrent you are still seeding maybe that you haven't closed.
Background Windows update session etc.

If it still is updating I'd re-install clean again - Some programs like adobe products have an annoying habit of regularly "Phoning Home" to check whether you are using licensed versions. You need to stop these tasks as well.

Look at your system processes and activities as well. (Task manager or some really good 3rd party apps - free. Get the sysinternals package and start the process explorer).

cheers
jimbo

update: So, Now I dl and install the RC, so after I install w7 it started doing it. with out any apps running. It has to be W7. I'm running Rainmeter.

sorry i haven't been back to this thread, but i confirmed that ms has a script built into the beta and rc to automatically send feedback to them. that is what is uploading all the time. they mentioned this in one of their media releases, but i forgot to come back and give this news to you. sorry for that. but the question is at least answered now.

sorry i haven't been back to this thread, but i confirmed that ms has a script built into the beta and rc to automatically send feedback to them. that is what is uploading all the time. they mentioned this in one of their media releases, but i forgot to come back and give this news to you. sorry for that. but the question is at least answered now.

Thanks Buddy. I thought it was something like that.

Back
Top Bottom